You knew this Blog Post was coming, right? Back during the influenza pandemic of 1918-1919, in some populations, the death rate for those with influenza was approaching 30% if treated with western medicine. But for those treated with homeopathy, it was 1%. And those who died after homeopathy were generally using it out of desperation because the western medicine approach didn’t work. Given the symptom set of the novel corona virus, homeopathy is a likely option for protecting and healing yourself and your loved ones.
The Novel Corona Virus (Co-Vid 19) is in the news everywhere. You can’t escape it. Even your 401K probably took a hit from the Corona Virus.
Normally corona viruses are among those that give us a cold symptoms. Likely, everyone who is an adult has had a corona virus infection in the past. This current scare is a novel corona virus that had not been seen before in the human population. There are approximately 7 different types of corona virus that affect humans directly. There are others, including the Co-Vid 19 that include animal to human transmission.
Co-vid 19 seems to be producing more flu-like symptoms than cold symptoms, at least in people who have gotten very ill from it. Those who are responding with just cold symptoms may not even have been tested for it. Some people who have tested positive for Co-Vid 19 are actually asymptomatic. There is so much we just don’t know about it. On a positive note, people seem to feel they need to wash their hands now. Let’s hope that behavior continues. Another positive note, children do not seem to be affected by this virus. As of the time of writing this, there is no explanation for this phenomenon.
According to the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Protection, of 44,672 confirmed cases, only 4.7% were considered critical. This includes respiratory failure, septic shock, and/or multiple organ failure. Nearly 81% are considered mild. https://www.livescience.com/new-coronavirus-compare-with-flu.html
The symptoms of Corona Virus seem to include the following:
- Weakness, tiredness, too tired to care.
- Feeling like you might die. Fear of death.
- Pain, especially when moving
- Dry Cough
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Kidney failure (later on in the disease process)
- Sore throat
- Joint pain
- Nausea or vomiting
- Nasal congestion
- Coughing up blood
- Eye discharge.
For those of you who are familiar with homeopathy, you know that, with the exception of the first three, most of those symptoms are not particularly helpful. The information I have on remedies that would be useful are based on published stories from people who had the virus and gave a bit more information about how they were feeling physically.
Homeopathic Remedies for Corona Virus
Most Corona Viruses produce common cold symptoms. But this novel Corona Virus, Co-Vid 19, seems to produce more flu-like symptoms, at least in those who have been tested. So a review of the most likely homeopathic remedies for influenza is in order.
The first four remedies are the remedies that seem most likely to be helpful for Co-Vid 19, based on what I have read. They also happen to be the most common influenza remedies. What that should tell you is that while the virus itself is new, the symptoms it produces are not.
The other remedies are common influenza remedies that you may also find helpful.
- Comes on slowly over 6 – 12 hours.
- Head pain in the front of the head. Feels better pressing the back of the hand on the head.
- You feel worse from moving the head or the eyes, but you are restless and feel compelled to move.
- No position seems comfortable.
- Warm and dry. Wants cool temperatures and air to calm the heat.
- Has more chest and throat symptoms than Gelsemium. Coughing will aggravate the throat and cause chest pains (coughing = motion).
- Irritable, worried, fretful. Wants to be left alone.
- Comes on slowly over 6 – 12 hours.
- Head pain in the back of the head with stiffness and aching in the neck and across the shoulders.
- You don’t want to move around much, so you avoid movement because you feel so much worse when you move. Also, you are too tired to move.
- General state of lethargy and fatigue. No energy to be emotional, too exhausted to respond.
- Chilly and sensitive to cold. Cold shivers go down the spine.
- Clammy feeling; feelings of heat and cold may alternate.
- VERY chilly and restless and anxious.
- Pale face and an anxious look on their face.
- Vomiting and Diarrhea are common symptoms
- Pains are burning in nature
- Thirsty and drink in small sips.
- Worse between 12 – 2 a.m.
Eupatorium (Bone set)
- Extreme aching in the bones. Feel like the bones are broken.
- Cough better from getting on hands and knees.
- Flu during warm, mild weather
- Chilly, worse from motion
- Better lying on face, conversation, getting on hands and knees.
The following remedies have been verified in practice by homeopaths in Europe and the US.
- Extremely Cold. Even colder than Arsenicum. This is made from Camphor, which makes the skin chilly.
- Anxious about salvation. Feels abandoned by God. (I thought of this remedy when I read an experience of a Chinese man who recovered from Covid-19. He stated that he thought he would need some spiritual support or he might die.)
- Difficult respiration, in pneumonia. Suddenly difficult to breathe. Desires to breathe deeply.
- Sore throat. Swallowing difficult and aggravates. Difficult to swallow liquids. Burning pain. Sensation of vapor fumes. Lump sensation.
- Dry cough, may include hoarseness. Irritation from the chest and lungs. Itching, tickling. Roughness, scraping.
- Delusions he has been poisoned.
- Fear of death, fear of suffocation.
- Taciturn; not wanting to talk.
- Oversensitive to sounds, noise aggravates
- Cough is deep seated, convulsive, spasmodic. Cold drinks aggravate the cough. Dry cough, with tickling in the larynx or throat. Exhausting cough. Feeling of something crawling in the chest. (This is a big cough remedy. It is well known as a remedy for the second phase of whooping cough.)
- Throat, pain, dryness, burning, smarting. Scratching sensation. Coughing aggravates the throat.
- Respiration painful in chest, and sides of chest. Sitting upright ameliorates breathing difficulties. Exertion, walking aggravates. Tightness of chest with wheezing.
Other Frequently Called-For Influenza Remedies
- Great restlessness and worry about dying.
- Flu symptoms come on suddenly, especially after exposure to a cold wind, infection, or emotional shock or fright. High fever.
- Extreme soreness and aching of all muscles
- Head or head and face hot, body and extremities cold.
- Fears being touched by those coming to tend him.
- Wants to be left alone.
- Declares that he feels fine when he is, in fact, quite ill.
- A bad flu which comes on quickly with a high fever. You are suddenly very sick and going down hill quickly. Mentally, stupid, dull, delirious, unable to answer questions.
- Offensive odor to sweat, mouth and stool.
- Typically accompanied by both vomiting and diarrhea.
- Tongue is coated yellow or brown, throat is intensely red, ulcers in the mouth and gums may ooze blood.
- High fever that comes on suddenly.
- The face is flushed and bright red. Feels warm to the touch. High fever.
- Pupils are dilated.
- May be thirsty or not thirsty.
- Hands and feet are icy cold.
- Temperature alternates between hot and cold.
- Smelly Breath, lots of saliva, thirsty.
- Achy muscles in legs.
- Sore throat—the worst you’ve ever had.
- Often a first remedy that is needed and then you will need an additional remedy to finish off.
- Great irritability, impatience, and over sensitivity to everything.
- They are angry and easily take offense at everything.
- Often Constipated.
Pyrogenium (Rotten Meat)
- Use when the bed feels too hard (Gels)
- Fever is high, pulse is slow. Fever is low, pulse is rapid.
- Sepsis remedy.
- Sudden onset and sudden weakness and exhaustion
- Desires cold drinks and carbonated drinks. Feels better from carbonated drinks.
- Needs a lot of sympathy and attention.
- A great remedy when the other symptoms fit and there are a lot of respiratory symptoms.
- This flu immediately distinguishes itself by the incredible restlessness associated with Rhus Tox. With all the aching pains of the flu, they are all better by moving, switching positions, stretching. Nighttime is worse because you are forced to lie in one position.
- Sudden depression and crying is common.
- Sensitive to cold and better from warmth.
- Chilly and sweaty.
- Head pain is focused on the back of the head with aching across the shoulders.
- Dry mouth but thirstless.
Oscillococcinum (Duck Liver)
- Best given at the first onset of a flu.
- Fear of germs
- General flu symptoms
924 total views, 16 views today