How Do I Take Homeopathic Remedies?
- Avoid exposing remedies to bright sunlight, temperatures above 110F, moisture and all strong odors. Strong odors includes Essential Oils. It also means, don’t keep a remedy kit in your car for emergencies. Carry it in your purse or in a bag which gets taken out of the vehicle.
- Store the remedies in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight, but do NOT store in the refrigerator.
- Do not take your remedy while outside or near a window in direct sunlight.
- Do not touch the pellets or pick them up with your fingers. Pour them into the cap or into a spoon and then into your mouth.
- Don’t swallow them like other pills.
Factors That Can Antidote The Action Of A Remedy:
The following can antidote your remedy. This means that these things can eliminate all the improvement you experience by taking your medicine.
- Do not eat, drink, smoke, or use toothpaste or gum for twenty minutes before and after taking the remedy.
- Do not use any products containing camphor, such as Vick’s, Noxzema, Tiger Balm, Karmex, Blistex, Campho-Phenique, Ben-Gay or anything which smells like any of these products. Also avoid cough drops which contain menthol or eucalyptus.
- Coffee. Many people believe that they cannot use homeopathic medicine because they drink coffee. This may be true for people who are very sensitive to coffee. If you are a coffee drinker, try to reduce the amount of coffee that you are drinking for a few days when you first take your remedy. Most people do NOT antidote their remedies by drinking coffee.
- Anything to which you are particularly sensitive. Avoid any food, chemical or substance which you know can cause a strong reaction in you. Moderate use of alcohol or tobacco generally does not interfere with your remedy, as long as you have no special sensitivity to them.
- Avoid electric blankets. They can be used to warm a bed, but do not sleep with them turned on. Water bed warmers and heating pads are okay.
- Tanning beds. Using a tanning bed will antidote a remedy. Sun tanning with the sun will not antidote a remedy, but it isn’t particularly good for your skin. We recommend finding a self tanning product or a spray tanning company if you need a sun tan.
Taking The Remedy
- You should have nothing to eat, drink or smoke for twenty minutes before and after taking the remedy.
- Do not touch the remedy with your fingers. Pour the contents of the bottle into your mouth or into a spoon and then into your mouth if the package contains multiple doses. If the dose is in a glass bottle, pour the dose into the cap and then into your mouth.
- If the pellets were from a Boiron Blue Tube, two pellets is sufficient to constitute a dose. If the remedy is from a homeopath, follow his or her directions.
- Dissolve the pellets under your tongue. Allow the pellets to dissolve completely.
- An excellent time to take the remedy is first thing in the morning. Be sure to wait twenty minutes before eating, drinking, smoking or brushing your teeth.
Administering Remedies to those unwilling or unable to take pellets. (Babies who are breast feeding exclusively, Children with texture issues, etc.)
- Put a spoonful of bottled or filtered water in a stainless steel spoon.
- Put the number of pellets equivalent to a dose in the spoonful of water.
- Stir with a toothpick for 10 seconds.
- Remove the pellets with a toothpick.
- Give the water in the spoon to the patient.
You could also just put a spoonful or so of water in bottom of a small glass. Stir well, remove the pellets and either have the patient drink the water or put the water in a spoon or dropper.
This method works because the medicine is on the outside of the pellet. You do not have to wait until the pellets have dissolved.
3,640 total views, 2 views today